We were prepared.
Here are some of the don'ts of Uganda:
1. Do NOT ride on a bota-bota.
Me & Haley riding on a bota-bota on The Island.
Our driver was nice enough to slow down for each speed bump.
2. Do NOT eat street food.
This chicken and the chipot I got was so yummy, so yummy! However, Alex was still cautious and didn't eat any.
3. Do NOT wear earrings that dangle.
Bonnie taking her "Senior Picture" with her new dangly earrings she bought here.
4. Do NOT wear pants (only skirts).
5. Do NOT get in the water. There are amoebas.
Here's me, Julie, & Bonnie standing with one foot in Lake Victoria & the other in the Nile River.
6. Do NOT eat fresh produce unless you can clean it yourself or peel it yourself.
Pineapple is served at every meal & it is AMAZING!We've also had delicious papaya, tomatoes, cucumbers, salads, and watermelon.
Well...you can see that we're rebels! However, I've not been sick once. We feel completely safe here. We're truly not taking risks (I had to say that for Julie's mom, Mary). We miss our families, but we're SO excited for what God is doing in and through us.
Thanks for the continued prayers,