Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello, my name is Harry




Hi everyone, I would like to start off this blog with a little humor to lighten the mood. Some heavy things happened today and we need some happy blogs also.




All of the people here make me smile on a consistant basis and definatly have personality. When someone asks my name, I reply and they look at me and slowly sound it out. It ALWAYS comes out "HARRRY................. apparently Ugandans have trouble pronouncing L's.




so Julie is "JEWRY".......and Charlie is "CHAWRY"






This is just another fun thing that I enjoy about these people.


On the way to Jinja,
we stopped and got bananas, for the monkeys that they told us we would see before we got to the Nile, I was extremely excited because I love monkeys (who doesnt right?) and feeding one a banana is on my top 10 list of things to do once in my life!

Cross that one off! We saw the monkeys AND FED THEM!


It made my whole day.



We had the wonderful opportunity today to see the NILE RIVER! We were all in DA-NILE. (get it ?? haha) and absolutly could not believe that we were actally seeing the same river that Moses turned into blood. It was a amazing experience that I personally never dreamed I would get to experience. Once again this whole place is like a dream and I am going to have a very hard time leaving these people here and going back home.



please take a moment today and pray for the young man that lost his life today.


GOD BLESS AMERICA!


-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment