Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dreams Do Come True

This is a sweet brother holding his baby brother just outside of the church.
Anthony




They put everything into their worship. It's not a show, it's just true

worship to the God who is their provider and shield each and every day.






Giving my testimony while Stella waits patiently to translate.



Today was a ridiculously amazing day. It's hard to even begin to explain what happened today. All of us feel like we each had a different experience, yet they were all the same.




First of all I need to say that I've always dreamed that one day I'd worship in Africa. That may sound crazy, but God does crazy things. And I am crazy for Him. I have always believed that this dream was from God and that it would come true.




So today I couldn't wait to go worship at a church in the village of Bakka.




Unfortunately, on the way there I became unbelievably sick. I was attributing it to motion sickness, which was definitely there. I have never been so car sick in my entire life. I realized I was going downhill quickly and we had a lengthy drive on a horrendously bumpy dirt road, so I asked for those in the van with me to pray over me. They did & then Stephanie (one of the missionaries) told me that she experiences sickness every time that she enters certain areas in Uganda. She went on to tell us about the spiritual background of the area. Witchcraft, human sacrifices, and demons were all prevalent in this area. The church we were visiting bought property where the demonic presence was the most powerful. Basically, we were going into a spiritual warzone. Stephanie encouraged me to just pray in the Spirit for a release from the oppression that was taking hold of my body. Once we drove onto the church property I felt great. God showed up!!!




The music was amazing. The dancing was beautiful. The people were precious. Their smiles were contagious.




We were all asked to greet the congregation. Without talking to each other about what we were going to talk about, we all talked about the same thing-the spiritual warfare that we knew was there. My personal testimony was the healing I had just received. In the above picture you see me explaining the intense sickness I had endured on the drive there. Next to me you see Stella. She is the Head Mistress of the school at Hope Children's Home. She is my sister in Christ. She is beautiful and Precious, Precious, Precious!!!




After the most incredible church service of my life, we went out to Field of Dreams (Show Mercy's new property that is under construction). While at Field of Dreams, we went on a "Safari". It was actually an intense nature walk. I enjoyed getting to know Anthony, one of the children who lives at Hope Children's Home.




He's an amazing young man. He LOVES Jesus and has the most beautiful smile. (I'm sure I'm saying that about all the children I'm meeting here). However, he pulled at my heartstrings. I was able to share with him about my family. Julie & I told him that several of us on our team have children in our families who were orphaned. I felt God wanted me to share with him a few details of my adopted kids' stories. I believe what I shared with him was to be an encouragement to him.


Thanks for your prayers and support!


We LOVE your comments,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. I don't have words for the emotions I felt as I read through your Sunday posts. God is so good, so big, and so real. Tears were streaming as I rejoiced with your group and the miracles and true worship you witnessed. I felt like I went to church for the second time today after reading your posts. Absolutely amazing!! My soul was deep in prayer for your team today and now I know why. WOW!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I've been praying and praying, but my heart is SO stirred after reading what all you guys have written and seeing the pictures/videos!!! And like your sis, I can't seem to stop the overflow of my heart from coming out of my eyes!!! :) Love you SO much and am in awe of how faithful the Lord is! (We've got your youngest today...he's so stinkin' sweet!!!)

    ReplyDelete