Monday, March 21, 2011

Part of me...



This picture says so much. These are the boys who took me by the hand on the very first day, Enoch and John. They showed me around. They asked me if I knew Michael Jackson, the king of pop. I didn't pick the kids that I would love. They chose to love me. Having boys at home, I thought I can play with girls. Instead, God brought two precious 11 year-old boys to me. We didn't go to Hope every day, but when we did, they sought me out. They asked me tons of questions about my life. I dotted on them like a mother. We talked about Bible stories. Three days ago, John asked me if we were coming on Monday. I said 'Yes'. John then says 'And you leave on Tuesday'. They know the deal. These Mzungas show up for a few weeks and then leave. It was heart breaking. When we got back to the rooms and were looking at the pictures. My eyes filled with tears once again when I saw the sadness in their eyes. I don't know what God has planned for me. I hope that it will include a return trip here with people who want to see the amazing work God is doing here. I have heard before that you are changed once you have visited Africa. I certainly am. My heart has a place for the people of Uganda. I look forward to the day I can see these precious children again, wether on this side of Heaven or the other. I have joy in knowing that these children love Jesus and that because I do too, I know I will see them again. For know I will write and pray for God's next great plan to be revealed. Tonight is the last night I will sleep just a mile down the road from the children of Hope. I am so happy to see my family on Wednesday, yet I am so not ready to leave. Most of feel this way. Goodnight, Enoch and John. Goodnight, Jake, Ben and Sean. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. My name is Lorie and I went to Uganda with Show Mercy in February. I just want to thank you for your AWSOME Blogs. Every time I look at your pictures and see Winnie and Brenda and Edward and ..., the Bresdens and Vargas it just grabs my heart. I feel like a little part of me was there again:-) You are right - you do leave a big piece of your heart in Uganda Thanks for sharing your trip!

    ReplyDelete