Monday, March 14, 2011

Adoption Day

This morning was my morning to give the devotion. My devotion was on adoption. I shared that Jesus has a heart for orphans. We believers were orphans before we chose to be adopted by Jesus. Spiritually, your adoption day is the first day of your new life. As an adoptive parent, there's not a better day than adoption day. So today I encouraged our team to love on these orphans as if it was their adoption day, because we are told to love like Jesus loves. Here are some pictures of adoption day.
Rachel's mom works at Hope. I'm guessing she's 2. Does she know how to pose, or what?

The mom & teacher in me was SO happy we got rain today so that we could READ with the kids!!! Clearly they were more interested in taking pictures than listening to me read.


One of my favorite boys, Enoch. Bonnie and I are going to split custody of him. HAHA! The rain brought mud, so he had taken his shoes and socks off. Aren't their uniform socks adorable?
So, just in case you were wondering (as Alex's sister was), all the kids in Africa are CUTE!!!
Thanks for praying for our team, the missionaries here,
and the staff & kids at Hope Children's Home.
Jenn






1 comment:

  1. Jen I can't really explain how much your posts light up my day. It makes me tear up everyday and reminds me of my wonderful experience but more that you are getting to experience the wonderful children in Africa.
    I can tell that you have been blessed and so have the children.
    And yes every child in Africa are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete